Frequently Asked Questions

Association and Assessments

Q. How do I submit an Architectural Modification Application?

A. All exterior modifications or improvements should be approved through the community association's architectural control process. Please visit TownSQ and venture over to the Architectural review tab and select Submit Project. For owners that do not utilize TownSQ please send your submissions to For any questions, please contact 281-706-8959.

Q. Did I choose to become a member of the homeowners association?

A. No. Membership is not optional; you accepted it when you accepted the deed to your property. Membership passes to the next owner when the property is sold.

Q. What are Deed Restrictions

A. All properties in Atascocita Meadows are subject rules which place restrictions on the deed to your property. The rules, “deed restrictions”, were designed by the Developer of the community to preserve property values and to protect and maintain the quality of the neighborhood. A summary of the restrictions along with copies of the complete documents, are available for review or download on this website.

Q. What are the assessments used for?

A. Since Atascocita Meadows is in an unincorporated area, there would be no municipal services nor amenities without collection of an annual assessment from each owner.

Q. Can assessments be paid over time?

A. Yes. While Association approval of, and conformance with, such a plan will protect you from further collection measures, please remember that interest will continue to accrue on the unpaid balance, and administrative fees will apply.

Property Rights

Q. Who is responsible for repairing the fence between my house and my neighbor’s house?

A. Once a fence is installed on or near the property line, it becomes more-or-less jointly owned. As time passes, it doesn’t matter which side the pickets are on, nor who actually paid for the fence; rather it becomes the joint responsibility of the adjacent owners.

Q. There is an easement on my property. Is it my responsibility?

A. Yes. An easement is an area typically dedicated to current or future use by utilities. While they guarantee ingress and egress by the utility company, they are still part of your property, and they must be maintained by the owner of the property without restricting availability to the utility company.

Community Services

Q. Who controls the terms and performance of trash pickup?

A. The contract is held by Atascocita Meadows H.O.A., and the service is individually billed to each resident.

Q. Who is responsible for road maintenance, sign maintenance, and street sweeping?

A. These are the responsibility of Harris County Pct. 4. They can be contacted via their website,, or telephone: (713) 755-6444

Q. Who is responsible for streetlight operation?

A. Center Point Energy. Report Streetlight Outage

Q. What can we do to control loose animals, barking dogs, etc.?

A. You can report loose animals, nuisance animals, and/or maltreated animals to Animal Control, at (281) 999-3191. Provided you are certain of the address of the pet, persistently loose animals or constantly barking dogs may be reported to the Association’s office, and the matter will be pursued through deed restriction enforcement measures.

Use Restrictions

Q. Can the Association control vehicles parked in the streets?

A. Overnight parking on streets in Atascocita Meadows is prohibited. Enforcement is normally done on a complaint-made basis.